“Helping You Change”
Nutritional Advice, Recipes, Cooking Demo's & Fitness
Maud Condomine Summer 2012
‘I was a client of Joan’s for the six months leading up to my wedding. Thanks to Joan, I didn’t have to starve myself to achieve my target weight-loss for the big day. Through the healthy eating habits she helped me develop, and the exercise she recommended, I reached my target weight whilst also feeling healthier and more energetic than before.
Her approach is highly professional yet with a personal touch. At times, it can be hard to maintain focus when trying to lose weight and develop a healthier lifestyle, but week after week, Joan keeps you motivated and provides a huge amount of personalised tools to keep you on track towards your goals. She has motivated me to maintain a healthier lifestyle moving forward, and she has taught me how to achieve that. More than just a nutritionist – a lifestyle-changing coach!’
David Gillett August 2012
I started working with Joan in January 2012 , when I contacted her for nutrition and weight loss counselling. I have tried many times to lose weight and haven’t been successful. Joan showed me which foods encourage a healthier lifestyle and healthier living. Joan identified how exercise and diet would work more efficiently towards my goal. I have lost over 2 stone to date, and continue to lose more. My cholesterol was 6.9 and is now 5.2.
Joan is ever the professional , motivational and committed.
I offer nutritional advice for MEN and WOMEN, individuals or groups.
1. Health Conditions - Crohn’s disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colitis, Gastric Ulcers, Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver, High Cholesterol, High Trigylcerides, Diabetes, Pre-diabetes,
2. Weight-loss for Men & Women- 6 & 12 week packages eating a balanced, whole food diet with a 15% reduction in calories to minimise lean muscle loss and incorporate exercise to maximise fat-loss. No supplements. No quick-solutions. A gradual lifestyle change that delivers sustainable and healthy fat loss.
3. Group educational talks – Golf clubs, Tennis clubs, Mountain Walking clubs, Companies, Associations & Schools. 30 to 40 minute talks using colourful powerpoint presentation to help tell the ‘story’.
4. Cooking demonstrations – for clients only, as part of their package when cooking help is needed
5. Help getting back to exercise – I jog with clients, we have group sprints and hill walks and gym sessions
5. Food shopping assistance - for clients only, as part of their package when shopping guidance is needed
Nutritional Therapy is the study of scientific-based evidence that food affects health in humans. We aim to improve your sense of wellbeing and health by developing a well-balanced diet. We are trained to have an understanding of the body’s different systems, (digestion & absorption, elimination, detoxification, inflammation, defense, energy, hormonal and structure) and the nutrients the systems need for health. We note any signs that a system is not working well e.g. indigestion or constipation. We consider possible underlying causes such as food intolerances, excessive stress, bacterial infections amongst others and with the help of the client’s GP and laboratory tests, we aim to identify the cause. I incorporate fitness into my programmes as I consider it as vital as diet to help to build and maintain physical and mental health.
Let’s live a long and healthy Life Learn More